This project uses the CS doclet (internally) to generate its CheckStyle and eclipse-cs metadata files.
Install the ECLIPSE plug-in from this update site:
If you're only interested in the checks (and not the ECLIPSE plug-in), you can download the most recent 'de.unkrig.cs-contrib.core_*.jar' file from
and put it on CheckStyle's classpath.
A change log is also available.
Checks and Quickfixes
- Verifies that Java elements are vertically aligned.
C++-style comment alignment
- Verifies that C++-style comments ('// ...') are correctly aligned.
- Verifies that assignments in expressions are parenthesized.
- Verifies that the names of Java elements match, respectively no not match given patterns.
- Verifies that tokens are, respectively are not preceded with (and/or followed by) whitespace.
- Verifies that a token is surrounded by whitespace. Superseded by 'de.unkrig.Whitespace'.
Wrap and indent
- Verifies that statements are uniformly wrapped and indented.
Zero-parameter superconstructor invocation
- Verifies that no constructor calls the zero-parameter superconstructor.
- Events (i.e. CheckStyle warnings) are switched off by a 'magic line' ('offCommentFormat') or back on by another 'magic line' ('onCommentFormat').
CS-CONTRIB.UNKRIG.DE is published under the "New BSD License".
The source code is available through SVN: